Buildings and Grounds
The present Church at St. John’s was designed in a Gothic Revival style by Calvin Otis of Buffalo, New York. It was consecrated on May 7, 1853.
A west annex (1881) now houses Choir Rooms (3rd floor), Church office (2nd floor) and a Chapel dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary (ground floor).
The Green-Meldrim Mansion was purchased in 1943 for use as Parish House and Rectory. A Church School building erected in the early 1950’s was renovated and renamed Cranmer Hall in 2004. St. John’s is also noted for its Carillon (first installed in 1854), Pipe-organ (Wicks, 1982); Reredos (1924); and Stained Glass windows (late 19th c.).