Opportunities for Fellowship and Service
The Women of St. John’s Church unites female members of the congregation to promote the glory of God and the salvation of souls within the unity of the Church. You are invited to attend our monthly general meetings held after the 10:30 Chapel service on most first Wednesdays of the month from September to May. We conduct a brief business meeting, have a guest speaker, and enjoy elegant refreshments in the Green Meldrim House dining room. These meetings are not only for the sake of business, but also for the education and instruction of the women of the church in matters of interest to Christians and for the promotion of fellowship.
Please Join Us!
An opportunity exists for women of all ages to participate and support the parish. We are an important part of our Church family.
- The Women of St. John’s work to promote fellowship and good will in the parish complementary to the church’s other missions of worship, education, and evangelism.
- We promote and contribute to the education of adults and children of our parish.
- We visit and minister to the sick and those in need both within and outside of our parish.
- We preserve and make available the Green Meldrim house as our Parish House and a National Historic Landmark open to the wider community.
- The women of the church organize coffee hours and other social events such as receptions, Evensongs, and funeral receptions.
- We visit shut-ins and provide meals to those who are ill or bereaved.
- We grant financial support to various charities in Savannah and abroad as well as financially supporting special projects within the parish.
Pantry Aides needs your help! Can you prepare a meal, deliver one, or both? Please contact Holly McClellan by email (email@example.com) or by cell if you can be a part of this very valuable outreach in our parish.
One major fellowship, community outreach and fundraising event held each year is the “Holly Days” Bazaar. The Women of St. John’s organize this highlight of the Church’s year which falls on Wednesday and Thursday of the first full week in November. Lunch is served inside the Green-Meldrim House, and on the porch overlooking the beautiful garden. Features of the bazaar include the ever popular “Candlelight Dinner” raffle, as well as a:
- Silent auction
- Garden shop
- Treasure room
- White elephant sale.
Volunteers are encouraged to participate, as this is truly a wonderful service within the parish.
(Click title for more information)
The Chancel Society is composed of ladies of the Parish whose work touches every aspect of the life of the church.
Please use the contact email for inquiries.
Please view the Christian Education Adult page for more information.